Monday, March 9, 2009

Mailbox Monday, March 10,2009

Yes, I'm a little behind this week, I could rattle off a bunch of reasons, but I don't want to bore everyone with my drama. In any case, I am offering you my Mailbox Monday...just a little late this week. I hope you still care to know.


I posted this image of Mrs. Morton, the first female letter carrier delivering mail taken in 1917 to recognize Women's History Month. (provided by nypl.org.


Last week I received quite a few interesting books in the mailbox and many for children.



*Fragile Eternit by Melissa Marr
*Every Human Has Rights by National Geographic
*Salvos on Backwater by Erwin Wunderlich
*Daddy's Little Spy-Isabella by Isabella Rose
*Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
*Sonata for Miriam by Linda Olsson
*The Kings and Queens of England by Ian Crofton...via my delivery
*Space Captain Smith by Toby Frost (IPG)
Children's Lit..............
~Princess Prissypants Wishes the World Pink by Ashley Putnam Evans(IPG)
~Ricky and Mia the Chicken gy Guido Van Genechten (IPG)
~I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll(IPG)
~The Horse Race based on a Chinese Classic Tale (IPG)
~Daddy Does the Cha Cha Cha by David Bedford and Bridget Strevens-Marzo(IPG)

I started a new column on Wednesday called Wednesday's Child where I am posting reviews of children's literature. If anyone would like to join this group please use my logo and sign up. I will have a statement you can add to your blog that I will post this week on Wednesday. The books can be from primary through young adult. Whatever you feel like posting. I hope you join me as our group Wednesday's Child grows.
Here is last week's post of Wednesday's Child to get an idea.

5 comments:

Anna said...

The new feature sounds interesting, especially since I've been reviewing books with my daughter lately.

What a great week for you for books! Sonata for Miriam sounds interesting. Happy reading!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

bermudaonion said...

I'm just a little bit jealous that you got Sonata For Miriam. I hope you enjoy it.

wisteria said...

Anna....I will be hosting Wednesday's Child, so feel free to join the group.

bermudaonion...first I have to tell you I have always loved your name. second...I'll let you know how it is. Maybe I'll do a raffle at the end. :)

The Bookworm said...

Wednesdays Child does sound like a great idea.
happy reading :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the mailbox. You had a great book week. Enjoy!