Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Sorry this is Tuesday, but I couldn't get it ready yesterday because I was too engrossed in this new book I received from Permanent Press called The Disappearance, by Efrem Sigel. I'm going to finish it tonight and I don't want to give anything away, but let me say this writer is phenomenal. Efrem takes you inside each character's being, soul, mind, thoughts and vision. Don't wait for my review. Just get it!!!

Received in my mailbox:

1. The Virago Book of Ghost Stories by Richard Dalby
2. Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelly..Thanks Miriam at Hachette
3. The Big Bell and Little Bell by Alastair Graham
4. Land of Marvels by Barry Unsworth (Winner of the Booker Prize
5. Secret Daughter by June Cross
6. Baby Jesus Pawn Shop, Lucia Orth
7. A Richer Dust, by Amy Boaz
8. The Night Battles, M.F. Bloxam
9. Entering Ephesus, Daphne Athas
10. The Disappearance, by Efrem Sigel

I can't wait to read and give my thoughts.

5 comments:

The Bookworm said...

The Disappearance sounds wonderful! You always read the most unique books. The Virago Book of Ghost Stories sounds good too, happy reading :)

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

wisteria said...

Hi Naida....I haven't read any of Ghost Stories, but I really liked The Disappearance.
I'm glad you like my variety.

Wendi said...

Ohhh - I'm hoping to get a copy of Galaway Bay - it sounds very interesting. :)

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the mailbox. Enjoy your books! Oh wait, I think you already are. :-)

Jenners said...

Hi! I just posted an interview with Efrem Sigel (I commented on your page on Library Thing too). Since you liked it, you might want to read the interview. It is here:

http://findyournextbookhere.blogspot.com/2009/02/interview-with-efrem-sigel-author-of.html