Monday, January 11, 2010

Mailbox Monday, January 11, 2010



As most of you know Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Thank you once again Marcia for hosting this weekly event. :)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


This week in my mailbox I received:



I read about this book a short time ago on Musings of a Bookish Kitty's Blog. When I read her fabulous review of Guests of the Ayatollah, I ordered it right away and it just arrived this past week. I can't wait to get started on this one. I recall this dark time in our nation's history and I will be anxious to read how history records the event. Written in 2006, the reviews are spectacular. Mark Bowden is also the author of Black Hawk Down.



9 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Wendy did a great review of this one. Glad it made you pick this up! Hope you enjoy it too :)

Serena said...

can't wait to see your review of this book. happy reading.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

We listened to this on tape. Mark Bowden is a good writer, but he's pretty conservative, and definitely writes from that perspective. I'll be interested to see what you think!

The Bookworm said...

sounds like a good one, happy reading :)

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

I remember those times very well. It must be a facinating book. I loved your MM picture. Pricelss.

Anna said...

I remember Wendy's review, and I'm looking forward to yours.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

wisteria said...

LadyTink534..I wouldn't have got it otherwise.
Serena..Thanks.hope to get to it in the next month. eek!
Rhapsody..Thanks for the heads up.
Naida..Thanks for stopping by.
Sandra..Yeah..troubled times. Thanks..the pic is cute right?
Anna..I hope it will be as worthwhile as hers was. :)

Alice said...

Enjoy it! Happy reading!

Literary Feline said...

I hope you enjoy Guests of a Ayatollah, Wisteria. I didn't get a conservative vibe when I read the book, but that's just me (and I tend to lean more left than right).