Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wordless Wednesday, January 6th 2009

Wordless Wednesday

Still inspired by the phenomenal novel The Day the Falls Still Stood, by Cathy Marie Buchanan....ahhhhh

(From the Library of Congress American Memory, Detroit Publishing Company)
Item Title

American Falls from Goat Island, Niagara.
Created/Published

c1908.
Notes

"G 5600" on negative.
Detroit Publishing Co. no. 071124.
Gift; State Historical Society of Colorado; 1949.


It's been five years this week since my father passed away. Today, his birthday, this post is in his honor. He was a brilliant electrical engineer, dedicated to a career in all aspects of electrical and nuclear energy. Niagra was a special place for both my parents and I wish I could talk to him about this story. Happy Birthday, Dad!


3 comments:

nilki said...

this post is a nice way to connect with your father. I hope you had a nice day with your memories. best wishes.

Iliana said...

What a sweet post. It's been 8 years since my dad passed away and I miss him every day. I'm sending you a big hug.

wisteria said...

Nikki...I did...Thank you.

Iliana..I miss mine too!! I need the hug, thanks.