Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Jantsen's Gift
Pam Cope
Grand Central Publishing
Hachette Book Group
978-0-446-19969-8
304 pp
April 2009

"I have a friend who likes to warn me after I return from a trip that I'd better not become one of those people who start reminding everyone else that for the cost of that cup of Starbucks, they could feed a village for three years. But part of me did struggle with this after returning home from that first trip to Vietnam." (85)

4 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That teaser is powerful and intriguing. I heard this was excellent; hope u r enjoying it!

DCMetroreader said...

This was my FAVORITE book last year!

wisteria said...

Diane-Jantsen's Gift is so inspiring.
DCMetroreader- I can see why. I am really enjoying this one.

Alice said...

Powerful teaser and a good wake up call.