This sketch is of a mail wagon from 1858. I received a lot of mail this week that would be easily carried in this coach. Some of these mail coaches were designed to carry up to 600 pounds of mail.
[The Butterfield Overland Mail transferred passengers and mail to light, durable vehicles for travel over rough roads.
From Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, October 23, 1858.]
1) Tone Deaf in Bangkok, by Janet Brown ...all the way from Hong Kong!
2) Sally Hemings, by Barbara Chase-Riboud
3) The Calligrapher's Daughter, by Eugenia Kim
4) The Music Room, by Namita Devidayal
5) Harry Truman's Excellent Adventure, by Matthew Algeo
6) All Other Nights, by Dara Horn
7) Morning in a Different Place, by Mary Ann McGuigan
8) A Tale of Two Cities, Dickens
9) Born Among the Dolphins by Patrick Lagraw