Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays-June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am reading a special book right now, a memoir about the relationship between an eagle named Freedom and the volunteer who helps to rehabilitate her. The bond formed became a journey of healing for both of them. The book is: An Eagle Named Freedom, My True Story of a Remarkable Friendship, by Jeff Guidry

Disclosure: I received this book as an Early Reviewer choice from Library Thing.

"She looked at me and wrapped both her wings around me to where I could feel them pressing in on my back(I was engulfed in eagle wings), and she touched my nose with her beak and stared into my eyes, and we just stood there like that for I don't know how long. That was a magic moment.(page 5)"



Shop Indie Bookstores


3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Great teaser, Mine is also nonfiction. Here is my teaser from A Short History of Nearly Everything.

Passages to the Past said...

Awwww.....I just love animals. That sounds like a great book!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday.

wisteria said...

It's very special.